Extra Logistics has been C-TPAT certified since May of 2004.
C-TPAT (Customs–Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) is a voluntary, joint government-business partnership to help add to supply chain and increase border security.
According to U.S. Customs Border Protection (CBP), The program is of key importance to importers who have derived benefits from the program.
What are the potential benefits of C-TPAT certification?
The potential benefits from C-TPAT certification is a measurable increase in the speed of freight and a reduction of fees. These benefits are assisted by:
- Access to the Free and Secure Trade (FAST) lanes at land borders
- The ability to move to the front of inspection lines
- A lesser potential of CBP examinations and an exemption from Stratified Exams (SEs)
- Shorter wait times at the border
- Access to the C-TPAT Status Verification Interface (SVI)
- A CBP Supply Chain Security Specialist (SCSS) assigned to the company